Nursing News and Features from from Nurse.comGet the most current national, regional, and specialty nursing news at Nurse.com (formerly Nursing Spectrum and NurseWeek). Check out our Advice and Special Sections for free career and legal information for nurses. View the Blogs and Opinion section for topics of interest in the nurse community and join the conversation with other nurses. Browse through the latest nurse photo galleries & nursing videos. Nurse.com has nursing news and information that matters to you.
The patient was talking to her nurse practitioner as I prepped her flu shot, which she was not happy about receiving. "Sally" was staying at our 24/7 medical respite care center so we could address her out-of-control diabetes. Once patients are under our roof, we try to squeeze in as much preventive care as possible. But Sally was having none of it. Read more »
- I am a new graduate RN and have a 30-year-old felony conviction for writing bad checks on my record. How should I handle this situation on job applications or during interviews?
- I'm a 56-year-old RN with a BSN who wants to get back into the nursing job market. How do I start the journey to transition back into nursing?
The American Psychiatric Association has announced the release of the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which includes the first revision since 1994 of the classifications and criteria of mental disorders. Read more »
Depressed cancer survivors are twice as likely to die prematurely as those who do not suffer from depression, regardless of the cancer site, according to a Dutch study. Read more »
The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force has released a final recommendation on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse among adolescents and adults. Read more »
Groups advocate to end hiv/aids
HIV/AIDS Advocacy Organizations Donna Novak, RN, MSN, CRNP In the United States, the HIV/AIDS epidemic is a human rights issue that brings into focus such social factors as racial and sexual discrimination »
Carolyn's Battle with Breast Cancer
When I think of Carolyn, I remember her smile and her courage. Hobbled by breast cancer for years, it could not suppress her spirit. I think about her especially during October-- National Breast Cancer »
I just finished reading “My Mother, Your Mother: Embracing “Slow Medicine”, the Compassionate Approach to Caring for Your Aging Loved Ones” by geriatrician Dennis McCullough, MD. Although there have »
- Letters to the Editor
- Nurse.com Community - Participate in forums, meet other RNs, start your own blog and share photos.
- Nurse.com on Facebook - Are you a fan of Nurse.com? Join our Facebook group to stay informed and connect with other nurses.
- Follow Nursedotcom on Twitter - Get instant updates and join the conversation!
- Reddit Community - Submit articles and posts that you think would be interesting for the readers of Nurse.com