CE Course Purchase and Taking Instructions
If you wish to earn contact hours online for one of our self-study continuing education courses, please follow these steps:
1. If you don't already have one, please sign up for a user account. From the CE homepage click "SIGN UP" in the top portion of the web page.
2. Once you have created your account and are logged in, find the course you want to take. Click on the title of the course, then on the "Buy Course" button.
3. You will receive a pop-up message indicating your course has been added to your shopping cart. To complete your purchase, click on the “View Cart” button at the top of the web page. Then select “Go to Checkout.”
5. Since you are already logged in, you will be taken to the “One Step Checkout” screen. Complete the billing/payment details and review your order. To save on your continuing education courses, you may want to purchase a subscription; if so, check the corresponding box. Simply press “Place Order Now.” You will receive a “Thank you” page along with an email with your order confirmation details.
6. To begin your course from the “Thank you” page, select the “My Courses” button at the bottom of the page. You will be directed to the “My Courses” section of your Nurse.com Dashboard. Click on the “Take Course” button to begin your course. Remember, one of the benefits is purchasing courses to save for later. At any time you can go to your Nurse.com Dashboard to view your available courses.
7. When you’re ready to begin your course, read, listen or watch the course material. Don't forget to review the course objectives and take note of course tools available to you.
8. If the course you have chosen to take includes a clinical vignette, you will be asked to review the vignette and click, "Start Test" to answer 3 or 4 questions before the actual test. You must answer all questions correctly to proceed. If you answer a question incorrectly, we will provide a clue to the correct answer.
9. Once you successfully complete the short test associated with the clinical vignette (if there is one), proceed and click, "Continue to Exam" to begin the exam. To earn contact hours, you must achieve a score of 75% on your multiple-choice exam for most self-study courses. For webinar courses, you will need to achieve a score of 100%. You may retake the test as many times as necessary to pass. Clues are not provided on the exam. Certificates will be date/time stamped with the time and date of the day the user passes the test (Central Standard Time, U.S.).
10. After successfully completing your exam click, "Complete Required Survey." In order to complete the test process and officially receive your certificate of completion, you must take a few moments to answer a brief survey about the course material.
11. Once your survey has been submitted your transcript will appear. At any time within your Nurse.com dashboard, you may click on "View Transcripts" to view your transcripts. Please visit the accreditation page for complete accreditation information.
12. Three months after you complete a course, you will receive an e-mail asking you to complete a follow-up survey. This is vital to our educational requirements so we can report our quality outcomes and effectiveness.