You are here:-, Nursing careers and jobs-After being out of school for 10 years, how can I make sure I pass the NCLEX exam and am competent to practice?

Dear Donna,

I completed my RN program 10 years ago. Because of personal reasons, I am just now applying to take the NCLEX exam. When I contacted the board of nursing in California to see if I can still take the exam after 10 years, I didn’t get a clear answer. They just sent me an application. How do I make sure I pass the exam and am competent to practice? Any suggestions?

Delayed NCLEX-Taker

Dear Donna replies:

Dear Delayed NCLEX-Taker,

I spoke to a supervisor at the California Board of Registered Nurses licensing division. She stated that there is no time limit on when you finished your nursing education to make you eligible (or ineligible) to take the NCLEX and you should go ahead and apply.

Because you have been out of school for so many years, I would advise you to take an NCLEX review course to increase your chances of passing the exam. Also, there are private tutors to help with this. Safe and current practice standards have changed a lot in 10 years.

Once you become licensed, it would be advisable to take an RN refresher course to get up to date with skills and knowledge. I recommend you start volunteering somewhere healthcare-related now, such as a free clinic, public health department or American Red Cross. This will help build your confidence, make valuable professional contacts, hone old skills and learn new ones. Volunteering often leads to paid employment.

Once you become licensed, you should join and participate in your area chapter of the American Nurses Association (www.nursingworld.org). This will help you reconnect to your profession, get up to date with information and trends and provide support and guidance.

Best wishes,
Donna

Check out these trending CE course topics

WEB 339: Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Acquired Infections
Desinfecting.JH(1 contact hour)
Rising trends in antimicrobial resistance are a costly and significant contributor to negative health consequences around the globe. The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recognizes this impact and will now penalize hospitals with high rates of acquired Methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) and C. difficile infections to promote proper antimicrobial stewardship and infection control policies. With proper education, development and use of effective protocols, and close monitoring, interprofessional care teams can have a substantial impact on improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.

WEB336: Sepsis: SOFA, aSOFA and Interprofessional Intervention
(1 contact hour)
Sepsis is a complex, multifactorial condition that can progress quickly. Updated recommendations for managing sepsis have emerged to help healthcare teams more effectively treat and care for septic patients. Tools and approaches are available to help prevent or halt the progression of sepsis in at-risk patients. This webinar discusses sepsis pathophysiology, patient presentation and healthcare team management approaches to help combat sepsis.

WEB338: It’s Just a Stage 1 Pressure Injury. Or is it?
(1 contact hour)
The National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel modified descriptive language from pressure ulcer to pressure injury in 2016. Since skin can look very different based on an individual’s skin tone, it’s important to fortify assessment skills with tips you can use to help prevent “missed” deeper injuries.

By | 2018-08-29T20:57:02+00:00 October 9th, 2012|Categories: Blogs, Nursing careers and jobs|83 Comments

Marisela September 13, 2016 at 1:58 pm - Reply

Hi im in the same boat as above. Ive been out if school for about 10 years and I live in Florida. What can I do to pass my nclex. Where shiuld I start

NJ January 30, 2017 at 12:30 am - Reply

Hello people…yes, I am another that did not take the NCLEX after graduating 9 & 1/2 years ago. The response posts have been so helpful & encouraging. I hoping for success & wishing us all the best of luck!

Heather Nicole Hamm February 6, 2017 at 6:39 am - Reply

Me too. Going to apply in California for my NCLEX next week. I currently reside in Texas.. I graduated RN school in 2007. I’m currently working as an LVN. I’d love to see how you do…I’m praying that it really is true that California does not have a time limit…. I wonder how hard it is to have texas endorse a California RN license?? Any ideas??

Nsolis December 6, 2018 at 5:57 am - Reply

Hi Heather. We’re you able to apply in California for your NCLEX? I’m kinda in the same boat.

LD March 13, 2017 at 6:48 am - Reply

Hello,

I started the ADN-RN program in 2003. In 2005, I walked away(final semester:advance med-surg) from the program due to fear, burnout, family issues, etc. In 2006, I did the equivalency challenge by testing the NCLEX-PN in California. Needless to say, I didn’t pass(scored near passing). Afterwards, I gave up and just wrote nursing off as a career that’s not met for me; however, I decided to go back to school and obtain a Bachelors in Health Science and a Masters in Public Health with the prospect of working in Public Health(because working in healthcare has always been an occupational achievement of mine). Honestly, nursing still holds a place in my heart. I’m studying right now to challenge the NCLEX-PN again. After I pass, I plan to search for LVN positions and simultaneously go back to school and retake Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology since they’re fifteen years old. Then, I plan to apply to BSN or entry-level MSN programs and do the program over, I might even try for the 30-unit LVN option with the ADN programs if I can. I just wanted to share my background. Please feel free to leave a comment, suggestion, or concern. I could use the encouragement.

LG September 4, 2019 at 7:04 am - Reply

Hi Ld,
      I hope you accomplished your goals. I’m kind of in the same situation as you. Were you able to make it work. Did you pass the NCLEX. Any information is welcome.

Lory August 22, 2017 at 9:07 pm - Reply

I just passed my NCLEX-RN in florida and I have been out of school for 11 yrs. I graduated with a BSN way back 2006 in the Philippines. You can do it guys. Don’t give up your dreams.

Ya'Kela Ingham August 31, 2017 at 2:47 am - Reply

What was your process with the state to re-sit?

J Serrano September 5, 2017 at 4:25 pm - Reply

That is wonderful! What was your process? Any advice on preparing for the NCLEX-RN after being out of school for a lengthy period of time?

Frances September 10, 2017 at 2:19 pm - Reply

Hi lory
      Did you take the foreign rn refresher course before taking nclex or not. How about CGFNS? Please give me any advice. Thanks.

Robert Mills October 13, 2017 at 11:24 pm - Reply

Would you please contact me at Robertd.mills@yahoo.com. I graduated nursing school in 2007 and failed my nursing boards multiple times but I’d love to pass my boards and go back to doing what I know I’m good at. Thanks Robert

Alice January 20, 2018 at 3:38 am - Reply

Hi what did you use to prepare for Nclex I have been out 10 years ago please help. Thank you

Nancy September 15, 2018 at 5:54 am - Reply

I really recommend using KAPLAN because Kaplan questions are similar to what you will see in NCLEX. Also, UWORLD really helps test your content.

Alice January 20, 2018 at 5:11 pm - Reply

Hi what did you use to prepare with Lory Help!!!?

Gerlie Gandionco September 2, 2018 at 1:00 am - Reply

Hi Lory,

I just read your post this is encouraging so that means I am not a hopeless case😂 please help me/us how are we gonna start the process? What site? I’d like to apply in California.

Will really appreciate any help.
      Thank you!

Joy October 9, 2018 at 12:47 am - Reply

I graduated 2008 BSN also in the Philippines and took my NcLEX here in Texas but I didn’t pass and I’m planning to retake but I called the Texas Board of Nursing and they said I am not elegible cos she asked me when is the last time I work in the hospital and I said way back 2010 but in the Philippines and she said I need to enroll the course or find a state that will accept me to take nclex test. That’s why I am stress right now cos I’m planning to take next year and thinking California. Did the Florida board of nursing need CGfNS?

Rhiel October 11, 2018 at 1:08 am - Reply

You are eligible to sit in Florida nursing as long as you have a foreign evaluation, they will give 3 chances to pass the board..

nina January 22, 2019 at 5:49 pm - Reply

Hello.. i am from the Philippines too.. and now in Texas.. i want to know how you did the process?

Meagan February 20, 2019 at 8:52 pm - Reply

Is there not a time limit in Florida? Do you have to be a Florida resident? I have been out of school for 4 years and can no longer take the NCLEX in Texas.

Gabriela Ruanova October 7, 2019 at 11:41 pm - Reply

Hello Meagan,

Where you able to take the NCLEX in florida? I am a resident of Texas and is been 5 years since the 4 year time frame allowed to take in texas. please contact me at Gabrielaruanova@yahoo.com

Arnel March 29, 2019 at 5:35 am - Reply

Hello Lory I am from PH and no hospital experience for 9 Years can you please advise me the additional requirements they require for me to be eligible to take NCLEX Exam Thank you in Advance

Roni June 22, 2019 at 7:26 pm - Reply

Congrats. Can you email me games2gojax@gmail.com what refresher or study guide did you use. If you don’t mind sharing. I am in Fl and I am in the same boat please share

Edna Craig November 16, 2017 at 2:29 pm - Reply

I live in GA and graduated from my ADN program in 12/2014. Due to family issues I have yet to take my NCLEX, I just sent off the application on 11/15/2017 to take the NCLEX for the first time. According to GA I have only three years to take and pass my NCLEX. I am worried I will not be approved to take the NCLEX. Will I be able to apply and take the NCLEX in another state? Any help will be most appreciated.

Rosemary Pringle May 18, 2018 at 11:52 am - Reply

Hello Edna. What happened thus far? Were you able to take the Nclex In Georgia?

Pam January 10, 2018 at 12:22 am - Reply

I graduated 1994 was going to take the nclex-rn in Oklahoma and my husband died in car cash so didnt…in 2009 I did a review course and was getting ready to take the test and my dad passed away…..I am thinking about doing it again just for my own peace of mind…..

Marcela Melo January 29, 2019 at 4:02 pm - Reply

How I can study for the test ? Please help me and single mother.

marcelapm14 @ Gmail.com

Dionne Anderson October 9, 2019 at 1:27 pm - Reply

I am praying for you and myself, as we have similar issues, my dad passed from an illness in 1997 and I graduated in 1997 from ADN-RN program. I am starting to study, working in healthcare, and determined to as you to pass, and I declare we will.
      Blessing

Kelly Zoglman January 18, 2018 at 2:57 am - Reply

Graduated from university in Kansas 10 years ago with my BSN. I took NCLEX 3 times and was unsuccessful in passing. I now reside in Colorado. How can I go about refreshing and retaking my NCLEX?

Marne Lynn Kozel April 9, 2018 at 2:20 am - Reply

Hi, my name is Marne. I graduated in 2010 Adn program. Took boards and barely failed twice. As this was going on I was diagnosed with Type 2 Dabetes. I was 40 years old no children and married. I immediately developed complications in one foot called Charcot foot. Look it up if you dare!! 5 years of castings and surgeries. Nursing kind of fell to the wayside. Then in 205, just as I was able to walk again, I fell and smashed my elbow! More surgeries. I have a fake titanium elbow now that works! I also had both of my parents die and my father-in-law. To top it all off, I got Charcot foot in the other foot. Had surgery Feb. 2018 and on the road to recovery. Would love to retake boards and be licensed. Missed my 5 year window in my state of Delaware! There must be a way to get licensed? Anybody have any pertinent info? Would like to get started asap!! Thanks I won’t give up.

Isy July 8, 2019 at 11:01 pm - Reply

Hi, New York has no window. Anyone can apply anytime. No cut off time.

Nancy September 15, 2018 at 5:56 am - Reply

Hi, I would watch Sarah RN videos and understand each concepts of different diseases. Then I would practice UWORLD and Kaplan. Those two will really help you. Trust me.

Leigh Anne April 30, 2018 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Hi. I graduated with my RN in NC and have taken the NCLEX 4 times and haven’t passed. What can I do to be able to pass? its very discouraging and i really want to cross this off my bucket list.

Cillacilla1987 May 7, 2018 at 2:15 am - Reply

Hi I graduated from RN school in 2012. I took my test and failed several times. The state of Texas gives you a limit of four years but recently found out that other state don’t have a limit. MN does not have a time limit but require you to take a review course if you have been out of school more than 5 years. Other than that I they just wanted a official transcript sent from the school and the application done before you complete the review. Hopefully after this long journey I’ll be able to pass. I gave up after 4 years but God has the ultimate plan. Don’t give up people!

Meg July 18, 2018 at 9:38 pm - Reply

We’re you able to take the exam in MN as a Texas resident?! How does that all work?

Michelle Campau August 16, 2018 at 2:15 pm - Reply

You can just register to take the NCLEX in a different state like Ohio or California which has no time limit or number of attempts. After you pass you transfer your license

Brandy Friendly November 30, 2018 at 2:34 pm - Reply

Even with an out of state driver licenses?

Gabriela Ruanova October 7, 2019 at 11:47 pm - Reply

did you pass? I am in the same situation. I went over the 4 years in texas. Now I need to find a states that will allow me to take the test. please contact me at gabriealruanova@yahoo.com.

Autumn May 21, 2018 at 1:31 am - Reply

Graduated back in 2009 and was unable to sit for boards due to medical reasons. Should and/or would it be suggested to dothe entire nursing program over again. I actually wouldn’t mind it and would rather I do. However I’ve been unable to find that given the circumstances (mine are rather unusual) if that would even be possible / heard of.

Ashley May 22, 2018 at 12:41 am - Reply

If I am wanting to apply in a different state since it’s been over 4 years and I live in Texas what all do I need to do?

Erika May 23, 2018 at 9:37 pm - Reply

Hi, I am in the same situation. I graduated 2014 and I am looking to retake the nclex. I failed the first attempt but was told there is a time cap. I live in texas any suggestions or advice on what I can do. Your response is appreciated.

Meg July 18, 2018 at 9:36 pm - Reply

I hope you get your answer because I too graduated in 2014 and moved to Colorado and got a good job- not nursing. I am now moving back to Texas and want to take my boards but I passed the 4 year mark! I don’t know how you can go to a different state and take an exam and be licensed? CA and MN are not part of the compact states so how would that work? I’m not even interested in working as an RN- I’m in sales now- but it would be nice to have that on my resume!!

Janet August 9, 2018 at 8:27 pm - Reply

Hi! Im currently reviewing on NCLEX Rn and this is my 3rd take. I applied in bon michigan when im in philippines. I graduated 1997, yes it was a long time ago! I tested year 2003 and failed! Im planning to retake again hopefully this year. I havent applied yet.. currently in texas now but there’s so many requirements to sit on nclex. Thinking of other bon state if possible. I need some encouragement asap!:) thanks!

Janet October 11, 2018 at 1:35 pm - Reply

Im also in texas.. im planning to apply in NYSED bon and once i pass ill just do the reciprocity/endorsement to texas. I have no experience since 1997

Jennifer December 4, 2018 at 1:56 am - Reply

Hi Janet,

I was curious if you ever took your nclex thru NY bon? I also graduated with my BSN here in Texas and failed the nclex 3 times and lost all self confidence and before I knew it I was out of time to take my boards. I sent all my required paperwork to NYBON and praying I can sit for boards. I need advice from anyone out there what study materials I should start to help me conquer this test. I would greatly appreciate it.

Chinenye January 18, 2019 at 5:03 am - Reply

Hi Jennifer, did New York end up giving you the ATT? I’m in the same boat as you and I wanna know if it’s worth it to apply through New York

Michael Rey Paderog August 11, 2018 at 9:03 pm - Reply

Hello.
    Good day.
    I obtained my BSN Diploma in the Philippines way back 2008. I am planning to take the Illinois NCLEX RN exam. I already started the CGFNS Credential evaluation. However, I am in doubt with regards to my education which I have a Old BSN Curriculum whereas some subjects are Integrated to major nursing subjects. Example is Pharmacology. In the new curriculum, pharmacology is a separate subject while in the old curriculum,it was integrated to nursing subjects.
    Is there any possibility that my education will be disapproved? Any thoughts?
    Thank you.

Arnold August 15, 2018 at 9:33 am - Reply

Hi everyone,

I’m in sort of the same situation, I had graduated about 11 years ago from a technical college. This is where my problem is different, The school I attended was bought out and renamed. I needed the new “4” digit school code to be able to apply for testing. The nursing director for the new school gave me a complete run around ( just needed a usable school code) For some reason she wouldn’t give it to me. Does anyone know what actions I can take or am I SOL. This is the only thing preventing me from getting the process going to take the NCLEX. Thanks ahead of time for any help/info.

ashlye February 10, 2019 at 6:04 pm - Reply

Where did you end up applying to take the test after this amount of time? Im in the same situation.

Paul Gino August 19, 2018 at 7:36 am - Reply

My friend is sort of in a similar situation. She passed RN school in 2015, but due to family needs, she had to postpone the NCLEX. Now that she applied in 2018, the CA BON instructed her to re-take a med surg course again. She is stuck trying to find a course that she can take to provide to the BON, but has had no luck in finding a course. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rosie August 29, 2018 at 5:14 am - Reply

Hello! I’m in California and I graduated from an LVN vocational trade school 10 years ago. I can apply but I am super rusty…does anyone have any advice on how I can prepare for the nclex??? I’m determined to do it and I am very focused I just need the tools and some direction. Has anyone taken it recently and can possibly shed some light on what the focus was? ANYTHING will help…so PLEASE contact me! Thank you!

Yvonne T September 13, 2018 at 2:12 am - Reply

Hello! Try Lifesavers Review. They travel all around CA & it is a very good refresher course. I just took it & feel way better about the test over all. Its been almost 10 years since I have been out of school.

Yvonne T September 13, 2018 at 2:09 am - Reply

I am trying to apply to take my VN Nclex. I completed school 9 years ago & took the Nclex a couple times. I am now trying to take the challenge & test again. I have started a refresher course so I am ready this time. However, when I went to reapply, I was told I would need to reapply all over again. To make this a bit more difficult, the school I attended has been closed down. Any time I call the state, I’m given a vague answer. I was able to get a copy of my transcripts however, I am unsure of how to go about filling out the course hours on the application. Does anyone have any idea of how to go about it? I am referring to California & don’t want any further delay in already a long processing process.

manal October 10, 2018 at 9:23 pm - Reply

did you take your NCLEX yet?

Lia October 12, 2018 at 2:32 pm - Reply

I graduated in 1998 with BSN in Indiana. Failed exam then started family. I want to take exam now and plan on Hurst review. Sounds like Ohio, Minnesota and California are 3 states that don’t require a time limit. I currently reside in Mississippi. Any other suggestions and those that did so how difficult was the process?

Dana October 25, 2018 at 5:25 pm - Reply

I graduated with my BSN in 2011. Took the NCLEX 3 times, failed. Went on to get my Masters in Healthcare Administration. I just signed up to take my Boards. I know the WE ALL can do this. I’m using UWORLD and Pearson view practice questions. I am also watching RN Sarah youtube for content that I need refreshers on. God bless everyone.

Brandy November 30, 2018 at 2:52 am - Reply

Hello, I graduated from nursing school in Colorado in 2008, and failed the NCLEX several times. I just gave up! Is the a max amount of times that the NCLEX can be taken? What do I do!? Please help???

Ashlye February 10, 2019 at 6:02 pm - Reply

Hi, same situation did you get any information thus far??

Neethi December 17, 2018 at 6:08 am - Reply

Hi I’m neethi.I have foreign bachelor degree in nursing 2010 and I have no work experience past7yrs because of personal reasons.I am on dependent visa.Am eligible to take Nclex exam?

Jojo January 2, 2019 at 1:54 am - Reply

Can PCT challenge the NCEX exam?how and where? er work experience.!

Gail Olin January 7, 2019 at 1:41 pm - Reply

1.) Take a nurse refresher course if you have a old education and didn’t pass the NCLEX at the time. NURSING HAS CHANGED SINCE YOU RECEIVED YOUR EDUCATION! In order to be a safe, competent nurse, do yourself a favor and take a university or college based refresher course.
    2.) Go to an NCLEX review course after you graduate from your refresher. It will help you with strategies for test taking, which are as important as the Nursing Body of Knowledge.

Kia February 13, 2019 at 9:01 pm - Reply

Gail the problem is finding a refresher course that allows students who don’t have a RN. Manyt students need the refresher course both BEFORE taking the NCLEX (for the proper questions and new answers) and after. Laguardia College (in NYC) has a great refresher course for before taking the NCLEX but it’s limited to ESOL/ELL or foreign trained nurses. We need the same for non-foreign trained nurses/nurses who trained in the US and failed to take their NCLEX at the time they were in school and need refreshed/new/update nursing concepts to pass the NCLEX. Schools need to step up and teaching hospitals need to step up as well to provide this education.

TJ March 14, 2019 at 2:30 am - Reply

Hey Kia, any luck with studying/ prepping/ taking the nclex?

Joni January 9, 2019 at 7:19 pm - Reply

I’m in the same boat as some of other people posting. I graduated with my BSN in 2014 in Missouri.Took nclex twice and completed 265 questions each time. But didn’t pass either time.Due to life circumstances, I didn’t continue to test. Now I would like to know if I can still sit for the nclex? If so, what steps do I need to take to prepare for nclex and finally pass? Thank you so much in advance for any helpful advice.

Paru January 10, 2019 at 2:24 am - Reply

I am GA and I did my graduation in B.Sc. Nursing from Nepal in 2015. The GA Board of Nursing seems to have a 3 yr- restriction to attend the NCLEX-RN exam. Do you know if there are any other states which does not have such tine limits to take the test.

Diana January 15, 2019 at 4:45 am - Reply

Hi , these comments has been very encouraging! Does anyone know if I am still eligible to take the nclexpn in NYS after graduating 4 years ago? I’ve been trying to read up on this info but I haven’t found anything yet.

Sue January 15, 2019 at 6:54 pm - Reply

What states can you test in with no prior requirements if you’ve Never been licensed because you did not pass boards 15 years ago? For RN

Tina June 21, 2019 at 3:57 am - Reply

So far I have heard California, Ohio, New York, I know for sure Iowa…
      if you go State by State and search on Board of Nursing it will state what the requirement is for sitting for Nvlex.

Ashlye February 10, 2019 at 6:14 pm - Reply

Took test in Colorado 3 times and failed. Board said I have to go back to school. Been graduated for 10 years. Which state can I apply to take the test in that may not have a timeframe. Have heard California or Ohio. Any one been through the same thing. Anything will help!

Val March 20, 2019 at 1:18 am - Reply

I am on the same boat. I graduated in 2008 from CNI for LVN and was super scared to fail and never took the test. Now I want to go back to school for my RN but want to challenge the NCLEX and pursue my dream as a nurse. Tired of allowing fear of failing to hold me back. The best refresher course I know is here in California “American Healthways Education.” The instructor is Sir Don. Many people fly out to take him. You can do the 8 day course or as long as you need. He is super helpful and has a very high passing rate. I took the class years ago and again never scheduled the test bc of family issues. My cousin also waited 10 years and took the class too and passed the NCLEX . You can do it guys!!

midget March 28, 2019 at 6:12 pm - Reply

Hi I was out of school for 15 yrs but I was working as a LPN, I always wanted to be an RN, so I was always studying and buying the latest nclex study guide, finally I filled out the application to register to take the test in Wisconsin where there’s no stipulation on how many times you can retake the test, it just has to be 45 days between tries. I passed and I told my manager I wanted to continue working as a pediatric as a RN and they said yes. so never give up on your dream. Than You Jesus.

midget March 28, 2019 at 6:21 pm - Reply

oh and I thought about studying with an online review course but that was too much money for me. so I just read the front of the latest nclex review book I bought Kaplan and Saunders they give very good suggestions on how to answer the questions. and I just started answering as many questions as I could before my test date. my computer cut off at 103 and Wisconsin board of nursing emailed the next day that I passed. do whatever you need to do. just don’t give up on your dream.

SOUMYA SATHEESAN April 1, 2019 at 4:11 pm - Reply

I HAVE COMPLETED MY DIPLOMA IN NURSING AT 2010 ,I HAVE 6 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN INDIA ,NOW I AM WORKING IN UAE AS A PRACTICAL NURSE WITH .HAAD LICENCE. I AM DOING MY POST BSC ALSO ,IF I WANT TO WRITE NCLEX RN HOW MANY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED AFTER POST BSC

Dipeeka April 14, 2019 at 2:43 pm - Reply

I have completed my Bachelor in Drugs n Dye in 2005. Thinking of going back to school for nursing course in India. So is it possible for me to get an admission for the nursing course after 14 years of gap. Also, if its possible then would like to know which course would be the best.

Thanks in advance.

FNN April 23, 2019 at 4:39 pm - Reply

I have graduated with RN since 2007 no experience and want to write the nclex how do I start please help

Ivelis Henriquez May 8, 2019 at 3:44 pm - Reply

I graduated lpn school almost 10yrs ago and do to health issues I got scared and never took my board I called the board of nursing and they don’t give me a straight answer but to send the application finger prints, transcript & money order .Is there a time frame in Florida ?

Aarati shrestha June 8, 2019 at 12:58 am - Reply

Hi I am a foreign nurse and i graduate on 2016 now i am in texas ..its been 4yrs, can i give nclex exam ? ??

JA September 28, 2019 at 12:44 pm - Reply

I graduated LVN in 2000 in Mississippi what state can I take the test and have my license transferred without being a resident there? Please respond.

Gabriela Ruanova October 8, 2019 at 12:01 am - Reply

Hi, I live in Texas and went over the 4 year time frame to take the NCLEX. What other state I can take the test? I have taken it 5 times already and during the four years I was in a very abusive marriage and My ex husband pretty much delayed my test taking time. What can I do to test one more time and be able to get my RN license?

Tera Peters October 8, 2019 at 5:31 pm - Reply

Graduated from the LPN programme in 2009 but didn’t write the board exam, is it too late to write the exam?.
    Secondly, is it possible to go for RN programme after graduating for so long without writing NCLEX? Tera Peters (Nigeria – West Africa).

Sally Ann Perkins October 21, 2019 at 12:17 am - Reply

Hi, I live in Arkansas and graduated RN school in 1978. I took the NCLEX twice. I failed both times and became very discouraged. I would like to take the test after all these years to prove to myself, I can do it. I loved helping my patients. Am I eligible to take the test after all of these years in Arkansas?
    Thank You in advance for any help you can give me,
    Sally Ann

Sally Ann Perkins October 21, 2019 at 1:23 am - Reply

I graduated RN program in Arkansas, 1978 I tried passing my NCLEX twice but failed. I would like to take the NCLEX test again to prove to myself, I can do it. I loved Nursing. I enjoyed taking care of my patients. Is there a time limit on taking the NCLEX in Arkansas from when I graduated to now?
    Sally Ann