Registered Nurse / RN - Med-Surg / Tele - 4NW Full-time 7a-7p Shift(Job Number: 02873-4790)
Work Location: United States-Florida-Atlantis-JFK Medical Center - Palm Beach
Registered Nurse / RN - Med Surg / Telemetry
JFK Medical Center
JFK Medical Center
JFK Medical Center has evolved into a 460-bed acute care medical/surgical facility and healthcare complex specializing in cardiovascular care, neuroscience, oncology services, orthopedics and bariatrics. JFK Medical Center is also a teaching facility for medical residents. Our level of service and team of professionals rank among the best in the nation. Our people possess the perfect combination of professionalism and compassion. Our overall mission is to enrich the lives of our patients by providing care that never quits. Our determination shows through in everything we do from hiring the best, most qualified people, to creating a dynamic work place where ongoing educational opportunities are a top priority.
What makes us special...
Atlantis is sub community of newly developed Boynton Beach, a coastal city located in a rapidly growing area of Palm Beach County. Known for their many options for shopping and dining, there's a little something for everybody.
On site benefits for JFK Medical Center include Child Care (6 weeks to pre K), JFK Charter School (K -5), car detailing, car repair, ship-a-weigh program - shipping packages anywhere in the US from our loading dock for 40% off, gym with personal trainer FREE, and much more!
For the third consecutive year, HCA Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies of 2013. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for the fourth consecutive year. Join our tradition of excellence!
The Med-Surg Tele RN assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum 1 year of acute care experience required
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
We offer a generous compensation package for Full-time and Part-time including: vacation, 401k, and Medical Insurance.