Position Type : Full Time - Permanent
Relocation Approved :
Recruiter : Verteramo, Beth
Job Description :
The Nursing Practice Educator assesses the clinical education needs of the staff and plans, develops, implements and evaluates educational programs to meet those needs. The Nursing Practice Educator also manages the infection control program. This is a full-time 32 hour management position.
The Nursing Practice Educator/Infection Control RN acts as the lead for the co-ordination and management of all educational activities in the Center. Additionally, the primary focus of the Nursing Practice Educator is to assist and support the translation of the Genesis nursing philosophy into practice by leading the planning, implementation and evaluation of education to enhance the knowledge and skills of caregivers. He or she will provide expertise in clinical nursing skills and knowledge application.
The Nursing Practice Educator acts as a clinical expert for nursing staff and provides education and mentoring in the development of clinical skills and capabilities. He or she will facilitate the enhancement of nursing skills needed for care delivery involving common gerontological conditions and disease management issues.
Skyview Center, attractively nestled in the hills of Wallingford, has provided quality care to New Haven County for many years. Located moments from Wallingford's Oakdale Theatre, Skyview is known for its dedicated and caring staff as well as its ability to provide high-quality care for complex patients. Our facility provides both ShortStay Rehabilitation and LongTerm Care, with many residents returning to Skyview to satisfy future care needs. We take great pride in our involvement with the surrounding community. Inter-generational and neighborhood programming, as well as our "Jazz Under the Stars" program offers the community it serves exciting opportunities to socialize and participate in meaningful and stimulating activities.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current RN licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
2. A minimum of 3 years full-time or equivalent clinical experience is required. One or two years of clinical experience in long-term care nursing with one year as an educator is preferred.
3. Excellence in clinical nursing skills is required. Experience in Gerontology preferred.
4. Experience in a clinical specialist role beneficial.
5. Training and/or experience in teaching adult learners preferred.