The Analyst, Patient Safety RN supports and promotes the system-wide Patient Safety program. Serves as a resource for patient safety activities and facilitates implementation of process improvements that promote a culture of safety to reduce variation and other factors that contribute to adverse events and outcomes.
- Abstracts pertinent clinical information from medical records and records information into the Patient Safety Database.
- Analyzes and interprets data related to clinical quality improvement and patient safety.
- Participates in providing proactive and reactive patient safety initiatives including root cause analysis.
- Maintains patient safety databases for sampling and tracking audit progress and provides information to management, as appropriate. Makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Collaborates with management to identify opportunities for improvement of care to provide a safe care environment for patients.
- Collaborates with practitioners and care delivery sites to implement patient safety improvement programs along with monitor and measure their performance.
- Act as a resource for System sites of care on Patient Safety Issues
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible related work experience including regulatory agency standards, quality management initiatives or patient safety, required.
- Working knowledge of PC applications including web based applications, required.
- Maintains current knowledge of Joint Commission and Department of Health requirements and supporting information system applications as it relates to patient safety.