Baylor College of Medicine – Houston, Texas
Maternal Child Home Nurse Educator
Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) Program. Grant goal is for continuity of care for clients over a two and a half year period.
- Adheres to nursing process and the Nurse Family Partnership model of home visitation.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Develops and maintains community relationships to support client referrals.
- Completes all required NFP Initial Education.
- Attends and participates in NCAST Feeding and training.
- Performs home visiting in accordance with the NFP model and NFP Visit-to-Visit Guidelines.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
- Utilizes technology (ie IPAD, texting, internet) and creative strategies to engage population.
Must be willing to work flexible schedule around client needs. Typical work week may be Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and two years of previous nursing experience. Must have experience with high-risk, low-income and diverse population. Preferred: Experience with maternal-child, pediatrics or mental health
For more information and to apply online, please visit www.medschooljobs.org, position 232057KP
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.