1. Supervises the Registered Nursing staff in the general performance of their duties.
- Supervises and evaluates staff Nurses through problem solving case conference and review, home visits and direct observation.
- Performs timely competency assessment/performance appraisals according to institutional schedules and policies.
- Oversees the distribution of patient referrals.
- Directs and monitors the appropriateness of scheduling and assignments.
- Confers with and advises professional staff regarding patient problems or difficulties.
- Arranges multi-disciplinary case conference with Director and/or management staff when patient problem is exceptional and joint problem solving is indicated.
- Performs regular case reviews with staff.
- Monitors documentation for evidence of coordination during record review.
- Assists with orienting all new Nursing staff to their role within the organization.
- Acts as a role model for new staff and facilitates staff development.
2. Performs management duties as related to the on-going functioning, growth and development.
- Provides input regarding the need for additional staff.
- Interviews candidates for professional positions.
- Assists with the implementation of student affiliation programs.
- Assists with obtaining pertinent data required for measurement of productivity.
- Handles, collaboratively, personnel problems and any subsequent disciplinary actions.
- Assists with the data collection to prepare monthly reports on statistics.
- Identifies potential shifts in service care needs or health care trends that impact on planning for future functions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of changes in regulations, policies and procedures which directly affect the operations.
3. Assists the Director in ensuring the ongoing dynamic development of high standards of quality care.
- Participates in the development of the annual program evaluation and ongoing revision of the policy manual, position descriptions, nursing procedure manual, goals and objectives.
- Reviews documentation submitted by staff for inclusion in medical records to ensure adherence to standards of quality, appropriateness and compliance with regulations.
- Interprets and makes recommendations for changes in policies.
- Serves as a participating member of the agencys professional committees.
- Assists in reviewing all support documentation and other information in relation to billing the third party payers.
4. Performs related duties, as required.
· Bachelors Degree in Nursing, required. Masters Degree, preferred.
· Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
· Current Drivers License.
· Minimum of two (2) years experience as a registered Nurse in a community health setting.
Must have own transportation available to provide on-site supervision