The PACU RN provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
This is a night PRN shift from 1800-0600.
The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
- Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current CO licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider, ACLS, PALS.
- Current PACU or Critical Care experience.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.