GALLUP ASSESSMENT REQUIRED - 2ND STEP IN APPLICATION PROCESS ON APPLICATION PAGE (SCROLL DOWN)
HOURS: 12P - 12A
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Current CPR - healthcare provider, required (issued by American Heart Association).
- ACLS required, (issued by American Heart Association).
- Current TNCC, ENPC or PALS certification preferred (issued by American Heart Association).
- Prefer one year of recent experience.
- Strongly prefer basic computer skills to process order entry and retrieve data.