Responsible for patient care delivery which promotes safety and well being of all patients within the system. The individual will need to complete position responsibilities by following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame, and must be flexible with his/her work schedule. This position involves discretion and independent action within prescribed limits.
- Requires knowledge of Federal and State regulatory agency standards related to health care organizations.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills to meet the clinical, psycho-social and spiritual needs of patients and families, assuming accountability for the patients care and achieving the highest quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates active problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Practices and documents the nursing process reflecting the age specific needs of the patient population.
- Uses appropriate documentation tools, and follows policies, procedures and protocols.
- Develops and communicates the plan of care with the patient, family and health care team, and communicates to the appropriate team member and/or physician when there is a patient transfer or change in condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Current license as Registered Nurse in the State of Texas; BLS.
- Preferred: ACLS and PALS.
- Maintains education and development appropriate for position.
- Preferred: Previous experience in a surgical department