Responsible for patient care delivery which promotes safety and well being of all patients within the system. The individual will need to complete position responsibilities by following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate time frame, and must be flexible with his/her work schedule. This position involves discretion and independent action within prescribed limits.
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families, staff, and physicians.
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission, Vision, and Values of Patients Medical Center to personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of communication.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents promptly.
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific safety.
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality patient care for patients.
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports quality initiatives.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility resources.
- Requires knowledge of Federal and State regulatory agency standards related to health care organizations.
- Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills to meet the clinical, psycho-social and spiritual needs of patients and families, assuming accountability for the patients care and achieving the highest quality patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates active problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Practices and documents the nursing process reflecting the age specific needs of the patient population.
- Uses appropriate documentation tools, and follows policies, procedures and protocols.
- Develops and communicates the plan of care with the patient, family and health care team, and communicates to the appropriate team member and/or physician when there is a patient transfer or change in condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required: Associates Degree in Nursing; BLS
- Preferred: ACLS.
- Maintains all licensure and certifications appropriate for position without direction of management
- Preferred: One year experience in a hospital setting.