As a member of the Adventist Healthcare System, our mission is to extend the Healing Ministry of Christ and to provide extraordinary compassionate care to each patient every day. Florida Hospital Tampa, located across from the University of South Florida, is a 475-bed hospital that provides strategic medical care through the development of specialized Centers of Excellence that focus resources on major disease areas, including cardiovascular care, women's services, cancer treatment, pediatrics, orthopaedics and diabetes management. In addition, we offer several specialized service units, including intensive care, pediatric/neonatal intensive care, rehabilitation, occupational health, continuing care and general surgery as well as a 24-hour emergency department with dedicated treatment facilities for chest pain, pediatrics and minor care.
The ED Operations Supervisor has the authority and responsibility to direct and coordinate the day-to-day delivery of patient care and other related operational matters in the ED to include but not limited to: makes patient care assignments based on skill andexperience of nursing personnel and patient acuity, ensures safe and efficient patient flow, reallocates resources to balance workload and achieve optimal results and outcomes, coaches and directs assigned staff and initiates corrective action should assigned staff fail to carry out delegated duties and provides direct and indirect patient care as assigned. The ED Operations Supervisor acts as liaison with the ED, attending and consulting physicians to ensure that care is delivered in an efficient and safe manner and coordinates patient care with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
In the performance of delivery of patient care, the Operations Supervisor adheres to the job description and qualifications of the Registered Nurse as follows:
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
As a leader in meeting the health care needs of the community, Florida Hospital Tampa is committed to providing a workplace that respects the diversity and contribution that our employees bring to our organization. Our mission depends not only on our commitment to living our values but on our efforts to excel in both the delivery of quality health care and in providing compassionate care to the patients we serve.
Apply today to join our team of dedicated professionals.
EOE. Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace. Accredited by the Joint Commission.
The skill to heal. The spirit to care.
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred
2. Current Florida RN license or ability to obtain reciprocity from another state
3. Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
4. Valid AHA Advanced Cardiac life support certification (ACLS)
5. Valid AHA Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification (PALS)
6. Minimum of three (3) years ED experience as Registered Nurse