The mission of our Optimization AEHR Educator is to collaborate with AEHR management and PAANS Quality & Performance Improvement team in developing, and implementing educational programs designed to assist providers in achieving optimization and full adoption of the Ambulatory Electronic Health Record. You will coordinate, coaches and assists physicians and their staffs to achieve Meaningful Use (clinical workflows) objectives. It is essential that you demonstrate as well as encourage positive and efficient communication in order to provide a more pleasant and safe experience.
1. Plans, implements and evaluates clinical curriculum content for Meaningful Use criteria and objectives.
2. Instructs physicians and other providers in MU criteria and how to achieve standards using AEHR application tools.
3. Works closely with practice managers and department administrators to educate and assist in implementation of MU objectives. Reviews metrics/reports to measure MU compliance.
4. Compiles and displays educational material and supportive documents to enhance teaching sessions. Maintains current literature from CMS and vendor community to ensure updated information is disseminated to all end users.
5. Conducts literature searches, analyzes and reports on relevant material and maintains a reference library on related articles.
6. Works with implementation and education teams to incorporate MU curriculum into AEHR initial training.
7. Collaborates with AEHR trainers (vendors), implementation team and optimization coordinators in evaluating, developing and improving training program content for all users. Participates as a member of the MU workgroup, as needed.
· Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required. Master's Degree in Nursing Informatics or Healthcare Administration, preferred.
· Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in NYS, required.
· Minimum of three (3) years in Nursing, Clinical IS applications and clinical training experience, required.
· Prior point-of-care ambulatory clinical information systems implementation experience, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.