The Clinical Data Coordinator, RN, plays a key role in ensuring the health system is informed on best practices in providing quality care to cardiology patients. In this role, you will coordinate the health system's Cardiology data collection and submission to the American College of Cardiology (ACC) national registry for cardiac interventions. You will benchmark the health system's performance against other cardiology facilities across the country, and prepare and present reports and statistical analysis to various hospital and system quality committees.
1. Collects and collates data from patient medical records and enters it into the ACC registry form.
2. Communicates and interacts with physicians and patients to ensure all information is obtained accurately and completely.
3. Monitors the process of data collection to ensure time frames are met.
4. Generates reports from the registry and analyzes data to compare Health System to similar institutions regarding to key quality indicators.
5. Measures patient, provider and facility characteristics, cardiac device type and adverse events.
6. Identifies quality gaps in cardiac patient care. Collaborates with Director to recommend new processes to improve cardiac patient care.
7. Presents comparative information to various hospital and Health System quality committees; addresses any concerns or issues that may arise.
8. Provides information to the committees regarding changes in mandates or definitions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical cardiology nursing experience.
- Previous experience with data management systems and familiarity with clinical data analysis and reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of ACC data collection and/or reporting process as well as changes to various definitions.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.