This position is a weekend schedule, Friday - Monday, 10 hour days.
Palliative Care / Hospice experience preferred. ICU experience preferred.
- The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) serves as a clinical expert and consultant within an inpatient setting.
- The APN provides independent and/or collaborative management for palliative care patients and families including medical management as credentialed to do so.
- The APN also supports development, implementation and evaluation of approved evidenced based protocols and/or process redesign for palliative care patients and families in order to achieve positive patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
- The APN will provide education and counseling as needed for individual or groups of patients, health care providers and/or community to promote positive health behaviors.
- The APN is designated as such by the Texas Board of Nursing and is either a nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist.
- BSN and MSN required.
- Three years RN experience required.
- Palliative Care and ICU RN experience preferred.
- Designation by the Texas Board of Nursing (BON) as a Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Doctorate of Nursing Practice Degree required. Limited prescriptive authority by the Texas BON required for nurse practitioners credentialed through Medical Staff Services to implement medical aspects of care.
- Professional certification as Nurse Practitioner or Clinical Nurse Specialist required.
- Additional certification in palliative care preferred.
- Licensure Certification and/or Registration: A-ACNP A-ANP CNS-CC, CNS-AD, CNS-GN, A-FNP A-GNP