The Respiratory Therapist will provide respiratory services to VITAS patients so that the quality of life might be enhanced. The Respiratory Therapist assesses the respiratory status of patients admitted into the VITAS program as directed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the present respiratory regimen.
- Provides input into the interdisciplinary plan of care to promote optimal respiratory function related to the patient's potential.
- Instructs patients and caregivers in appropriate respiratory care procedures and techniques.
- Participates as needed in the care process and as directed by the interdisciplinary team.
- Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner and provides educational programs for VITAS staff members.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of one (1) year experience in acute or sub-acute care as a RRT.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of two (2) years experience in acute care or sub-acute care as a CRT.
- Experience with respiratory-related home care equipment, compressed medical gases, concentrators, liquid oxygen, BiPAPs and CPAPs required.
- This is a PRN Respiratory Therapist position requiring a flexible schedule to cover on-call and weekends as needed by the Dallas program.
- Must have reliable transportation with appropriate insurance coverage.
- Graduate of an approved program to train Respiratory Therapists. N.B.R.C. (National Board for Respiratory Care) credentialed (CRT minimum; RRT preferred).
- Current State License for Respiratory Care Practitioner in the state of California.