Director of Surgical Services - Registered Nurse (RN) - Operating Room (OR)
Medical Center of Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community - we can prevent, diagnose and treat a variety of medical conditions. Our team is dedicated to providing family-centered care with our talented team of healthcare professionals, technology and customer-friendly environment. We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual, we treat all those that we serve with compassion and kindness, we act with honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives. At the Medical Center of Lewisville we trust our colleagues as valuable team members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity.
The Director of Surgical Services is responsible for the overall quality and operational activities of Surgical Services. The Director assures the planning, directing, controlling and evaluation of the departments and hospital operations related to these areas and performs responsibilities in accordance with hospital goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
The Director is responsible for the clinical, operational and financial management of the Surgical Services departments. The Director will ensure appropriate clinical standards; policies and procedures are developed and implemented and will develop and review monitoring activities related to the quality of nursing care provided. The Director will ensure compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies and will oversee the unit's operation to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of care and to maximize patient, physician, and employee satisfaction. The Director of Surgical Services will manage the unit in accordance with established financial guidelines.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- License to practice as RN in the State of Texas.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Master's degree preferred. Master required within 2 years of hire.
- 5 years staff nursing experience in surgical services required
- 3 years management/supervisory experience in acute care hospital required
- BLS certification.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills. (25 wpm minimum)
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work with interruptions