|Job Details:||- BSN, ASN or Diploma required|
- American Heart Association ACLS
- American Heart Association BLS
- Current FL RN license
- 2 or more years related experience required
- Hospital experience required
Responsible and accountable for planning, controlling and evaluating patient care services and personnel for a designated unit under the direction of the Nurse Manager/Director. (POSITION REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS A CHARGE NURSE, OR SEVERAL YEARS AS RN.)
Position Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Expected to be competent in the appropriate use and functioning of equipment in the area of clinical practice and department requirements.
- Expected to have basic mathematical skills.
- Expected to demonstrate knowledge of the nursing process and its application in clinical and departmental situations.
- Expected to be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Expected to have knowledge of Care Manager and other software systems utilized within the organization.
- Expected to assign patient care in accordance with patient needs and staff level/ability.
- Expected to coordinate scheduling of staff with the nurse manager/staffing office to ensure appropriate staffing and the best utilization of resources to optimize quality of care, productivity and cost efficiency.
- Expected to assist in identifying budgeting variances.
- Expected to facilitate with the nurse manager unit-based staff meetings.
- Expected to attend and participate in at least 50% of department staff meetings as well as participate in hospital meetings, forums and seminars.
- Expected to participate in development and implementation of unit specific and hospital-wide process improvement initiatives.
- Expected to follow standard precautions and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- Expected to be responsible and accountable for the delivery of skilled professional patient care that is delivered based on recognized national standards of practice, BRCH policy and procedures, the Nurse Practice Act, Code of Ethics for Nurses and applicable laws and regulations.
- Expected to recognize the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accept strengths and limitations in others.
- Expected to exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self control and maturity in work and behavior.
- Expected to exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
- Expected to recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
- Expected to demonstrate leadership skills through appropriate decision making, delegation and supervision of duties, and functioning as a preceptor/resource to new staff, students and LPN/PCA staff.
- Expected to act as a leader of the multi-disciplinary patient care team and provides clinical guidance and supervision to staff.
- Expected to act as a resource in providing continuing education/in-services on department specific educational needs/new equipment/procedures.
- Expected to collaborate with the director, nurse manager, support supervisor, and staff in preparation and to ensure compliance with The Joint Commission and other applicable regulating agencies.
- Expected to participate in the process of interviewing, evaluating, rewarding and discipline of staff in collaboration with nurse manager/director.
- Expected to assist in department/hospital activities and volunteer to participate in committees, events and community projects.
- Expected to provide ongoing, appropriate clinical and departmental communication to the nurse manager/director.
- Expected to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Expected to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school (AD in Nursing, RN Diploma, or BSN)ANDOne to two years related experience and/or training
- MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE AS CHARGE, OR SEVERAL YEARS AS RN IS REQUIRED
*Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
- Current Florida license as a Registered Nurse
- BLS certification by the American Heart Association
- ACLS certification (depending on specialty)
- 80% or higher score on medication test
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients,Boca RatonRegionalHospitalhas instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contactBoca RatonRegionalHospitals Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.