Position Summary: The Registered Nurse demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of Cardiac Rehabilitation patients. The position performs outpatient cardiac rehabilitation services. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patients. The Registered Nurse may be asked to float to areas other than his/her assigned service area, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at The Medical Center of Aurora.
A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current Colorado Registered Nurse License,
B. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN is Preferred. Certification, experience, or training equivalent to those specified for an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for “Cardiovascular Nurse” or “Exercise Specialist” by the American College of Sports Medicine, (ACSM). Current BLS and ACLS certification.
C. Experience: One year experience in critical care or cardiac rehabilitation.
D. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrates good organizational skills.
2. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at The Medical Center of Aurora.
3. Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
4. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
5. Basic knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, cardiac risk factor and behavioral modification strategies, counseling techniques, and uses of educational programs as applied to cardiovascular rehabilitation services.
6. Ability to perform cardiovascular physical assessments, accurately interprets clinical data, and triage medical care as appropriate.
7. Leads outpatient exercise sessions while maintaining exercise guidelines for individual patients.