As a Nurse Educator, you will perform the functions of an educator, facilitator, change agent, leader, consultant and researcher in area of expertise. Further, you will participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of orientation programs, as well as, develop and implement staff development and continuing education programs.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Assess learner characteristics including learning styles and learning needs for program development.
- Creates an effective learning environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of technology.
- Evaluates the outcomes of staff education.
- Functions in the roles of both teacher and facilitator.
- Implements a variety of teaching strategies tailored to the learner's characteristics learning needs, cultural perspectives, and outcome objectives.
- Plans nursing professional development programs that are culturally relevant and incorporate concepts of multicultural and multigenerational education.
- Applies nursing and learning theoretical and conceptual foundations as a basis for developing nursing professional development programs.
- Maintains visible clinical presence.
- Adheres to regulatory body/agency standards.
- Advocates for the nursing professional development programs that support the needs of the learner and the organization.
- Anticipates and forecasts trends.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to ethical, cultural, and spiritual inclusion.
- Engages in ethical decision-making.
- Effectively facilitates group processes.
- Follows regulatory requirements for health reporting.
- Functions as a change agent and leader.
- Implements motivational strategies at individual, group, program, or organizational levels.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Uses outcome measurements and outcome evaluation methods.
- Promotes problem solving.
- Interprets and uses research in practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the research process.
- Models the application of evidence based practice.
- Uses organizational strategic plan and goals to determine educational priorities.
- Develops financial plan that allocates resources to support NPD.
- Program and Project Management
- Plans and implements programs and projects using innovation and creativity.
- Consistently uses planning methodologies when implementing, facilitating and/or evaluation various programs and projects.
- Designs and implements evaluation plans for programs and projects.
- Develops and implements a budget for programs and/or projects.
- Career Development
- Accepts personal responsibility for own professional development.
- Promotes participation in professional organizations for self and others.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication.
- Uses effective interpersonal skills.
- Fosters critical thinking.
- Links nurses to professional development and other relevant resources.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- BCLS, required.
- Med-Surg or related experience required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of clinical nursing experience including three (3) years of demonstrated leadership and teaching skills in Nursing, required; or satisfactory combination of education and experience.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.