The Registered Nurse in this area assumes the responsibility of team leader utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the patient before, during, and after procedures until patient is dismissed from the center. The Registered Nurse in this area is responsible for the planning, executing, and evaluation of the pre-op/recovery process and the assessment and education of patients prior to and following their procedure. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care throughout the course of care in pain clinic. Nursing care meets current standards of the profession, the policies / procedures of the center and is appropriate to the center's patient population.
1. Carries out all physician orders.
2. Assists with various types of procedures
3. Assist anesthesia staff as required.
4. Assesses the physical and psychological health status of patients requiring procedural intervention.
5. Applies principles of surgical asepsis.
6. Maintains attention to detail with documentation of activities during the procedure regarding use of supplies, equipment, and medications.
7. Verification of procedural site; appropriateness of operative consent(s); identification of patient and allergies
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Colorado. Current BLS, ACLS and PALS certification.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN preferred
- Experience with pain patients and conscious sedation preferred.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills needed.
- Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good customer service skills.