The Womens Center at Florida Hospital Tampa is a freestanding pavilion dedicated to caring for women throughout all stages of their life. Our comfortable and nurturing atmosphere combined with our expert physicians and highly skilled nursing team enables us to provide comprehensive neonatal, obstetrical, gynecological and urological services. We are the first womens facility in Tampa Bay to be named a Center of Excellence by the American Institute of Minimally invasive Surgery (AIMIS).
Through our surgical advances, including the use of the da Vinci? Surgical System, our patients benefit from faster recovery times with less pain and blood loss, fewer complications and optimal clinical outcomes.
Florida Hospital Tampas level III L&D consists of 10 Labor & Delivery beds, 6 triage beds, 8 high-risk beds, 2 ORs and 2 Couplet Recovery Rooms. Nurses on this unit work as a strong, cohesive team and are able to circulate and scrub.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the
promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such
medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
As a leader in meeting the health care needs of the community, Florida Hospital Tampa is committed to providing a workplace that respects the diversity and contribution that our employees bring to our organization. Our mission depends not only on our commitment to living our values but on our efforts to excel in both the delivery of quality health care and in providing compassionate care to the patients we serve.
Apply today to join our team of dedicated professionals.
EOE. Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace. Accredited by the Joint Commission.
The skill to heal. The spirit to care.
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred
2. Current license of Registered Nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
3. Valid BCLS required
4. ACLS, NRP, PALS as defined in unit specific competencies
5. 2 years recent L&D RN experience strongly preferred