Hospice Liaison Nurse
|Department:||Hospice Admin- Marketing|
The Gilchrist Hospice Care (GHC) Hospice Liaison Nurse generates & facilitates patient admissions from hospital-based referral sources, promotes growth of admissions, performs clinical assessments of possible patients, and is responsible for meeting GHC goals for successful relationships with area hospitals.
The Hospice Liaison Nurse establishes and nurtures external professional relationships, maintains awareness of local medical markets, provides clinical assessments of prospective patients when necessary, and represents GHC and its spectrum of services in a competent, professional manner consistent with the organizations goals.
Registered Nurse, Bachelors degree in Nursing or related field preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years experience required with hospice, home health, critical care, ER, oncology or medical/surgical experience.
· Ability to market to and deal tactfully with customers (e.g. physicians, social workers, nurses, etc.), other possible referral sources, and the community.
· Excellent professional communication, negotiation, presentation and public relations skills.
· Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision in a rapidly changing environment.
· Flexibility in scheduling and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Strong clinical assessment and documentation skills.
· Strong computer skills including, e-mail, EMR, Word and PowerPoint applications.
· Must possess current Maryland State license as a Registered Nurse.
· Valid drivers license and safe driving record and an automobile that is insured in accordance with GHC requirements.
· C.H.P.N. certification within three years required.