|Department:||7th Floor - Ortho|
|Hours:||6:30PM - 7:00AM|
|Job Details:||- BSN, ASN or Diploma required|
- American Heart Association ACLS
- American Heart Association BLS
- Current FL RN license
- 2 or more years related experience required
- Hospital experience required
Position Expectations & Responsibilities:
· Registered Nurses must participate as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide patient care and to complete all physician orders, administer medications, treatments, tests and other patient needs in a timely manner and communicate effectively with all members of the patient care team .
· RNs are expected to be competent in the appropriate use and functioning of equipment in the area of clinical practice and department requirements.
· Participate in the department/hospital performance improvement program by conducting and monitoring patient care activities, preparing and submitting timely and accurate reports, proposing alternatives when problems are identified, evaluating the plan of care and following through on steps to problem resolution.
· The Registered Nurse will delegate to and direct the care provided to the patient by the LPN, PCA and HUC appropriately and within the Nurse Practice Act and other regulating bodies.
· Expected to attend and participate in at least 50% of department staff meetings as well as participate in hospital meetings, forums and seminars.
· RNs will demonstrate leadership skills through appropriate decision making, delegation and supervision of duties, and functioning as a preceptor/resource to new staff, students and LPN/PCA staff.
· Expected to follow standard precautions and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
· Graduate of an accredited nursing school (AD in Nursing, RN Diploma, or BSN)
· Current Florida license as a Registered Nurse
· BLS certification by the American Heart Association
ACLS certification by the American Heart Association
· 80% or higher score on medication test
* Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.