The Hospice Home Care Nurse reports to the Team Manager. He/she is responsible for identifying patient/family care needs and for providing nursing and supportive care for the terminally ill patient and their families in their place of residence.
Diploma, ADN and/or BSN from an accredited institution
Minimum of two years of nursing experience. Home Health of Hospice experience preferred, but not required.
· Knowledgeable of universal precautions for infection control and practices safe nursing standards for self protection
· Strong time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to be patient and family focused
· Skill in the use of EMR (Electronic Medical Record) and/or ability to learn
· Current Maryland (or eligible) nursing license & certification in end-of-life care by the NBHPNA within three years of employment.
Our extraordinary staff of professionals and volunteers are dedicated to one unwavering mission: to profoundly enhance the end of life for people facing a life-limiting illness. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package & look forward to sharing with you all that Gilchrist Hospice Care has to offer you & your nursing career!