Community Health Nurse – Manhattan, NYC (Fee-For-Service)
Dominican Sisters Family Health Service, a leading home health care agency, is seeking multiple Fee-For-Service Community Health Nurses for our newly expanding New York City office. The Community Health Nurse is an important part of our program providing high quality care to patients in the comfort of their home. We offer a professional, warm and caring work environment, opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Provides skilled nursing care to individuals, primarily in the home setting, utilizing all elements of the nursing process and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and agency policies.
- Provides case coordination, health teaching, supportive counseling and advocacy for the patient and family.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician and performs nursing procedures and techniques.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregivers self-techniques whenever appropriate and provides instruction regarding medication, diet safety and treatment modalities in accordance with the plan of care.
- Completes, maintains and submits all required documentation that is timely, accurate and relevant.
- Communicates with other health care professionals, both internal and external, to the organization in a manner that assures care plan coordination as well as continuity of care.
- Graduation from an NLN accredited school of nursing: BSN preferred.
- A current New York State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of two years recent experience in health care in a hospital or outpatient setting.
- One year of community health experience in a Certified Home Health Agency (CHHA) a plus.
- Possess and maintain good physical stamina and mental health, including satisfactory health clearance as required by NYS regulations and Agency policy.
If interested, please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or fax to (914)941-4787. This is an immediate opening and we look forward to hearing from you. Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome diversity.