Under general supervision, the Cath Lab RN assists with all diagnostic and interventional procedures in the Cath and specials labs as scrubber, panner (no cine), monitor or circulator, provides individual nursing care, administers medication, starts IV's, operates equipment, processes film, prepares patients for examination, documents appropriate information, interacts with patients and physicians, assists with orientation/education of all new Cath Lab employees, assists with maintenance of staff competency checks and scheduling of in-services, assists with performance improvement, performs related duties as assigned.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current RN license
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Minimum 1 year ICU, CCU or Cardiac Cath Lab Experience
- Current Knowledge of ECG monitoring
- I.A.B.P. experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
- Clinically proficient in cath lab procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients