Florida Hospital Orlando seeks to hire a Pediatric CICU RN who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Florida Hospital for Children Profile
Since opening our doors in 1908, Florida Hospital has offered one of the most comprehensive children’s health programs in Central Florida. Today, we continue this legacy of pediatric excellence at the Magnet® recognized Walt Disney Pavilion at Florida Hospital for Children.
Our campus is home to 30 pediatric sub-specialties led by a team of 400+ nurses and physicians. We provide specialized care in various state-of-the-art settings, including an 81-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with private family-centered rooms, an Advanced Center for Pediatric Surgery handling nearly 4,000 cases each year, and one of the few pediatric oncology programs in the area. We’re also Central Florida’s only pediatric provider for bone marrow transplant, kidney transplant, Gamma Knife services, trilogy radiation and Level III epilepsy care. But perhaps most exciting of all, is that this is the first—and only—hospital to bear the Disney® name.
The pediatric cardiac intensive care unit utilizes a team approach to provide the highest quality patient care. Congenital heart defects are the most common type of serious birth defect and we work to provide quality care by offering surgical intervention, cardiac catheterization, and medical management in the PCICU. Each of us feels called to provide compassionate care during a critical time in the lives of children and families affected by CHD. The Nurse to patient ratio in the pediatric cardiac intensive care unit is 1:1 or 1:2.
· Full Time Days
· 12 Hour Shifts
· Every other weekend
As a Pediatric CICU RN with Orlando, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a faith-based atmosphere.
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience Required
Graduate of a school of nursing
American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (if certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire)
AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements (if certification is from another agency, certification from AHA must be obtained within 90 days of hire)
· Unit related experience is required for unit placement
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing (preferred)
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required
· Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Obtains or delegates the obtaining of a nursing history. Evaluates for age-appropriate behavior motor skills and physiological norms of the patient. Completes the admission assessment, including pain screening. Completes all follow-up assessments and evaluations. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition.
· Able to identify individualized plan of care. Identifies needs and develops/modifies plan of care.
· Interprets and verifies physician orders correctly. Investigates questionable situations. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and procedure. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications.
· Evaluates patients’ developmental level, identifies increased physical/emotional dependency needs and evaluates availability of support system consistent with the age of the patient served.
· Identifies the need for patient teaching and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis.
· Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrates accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department.
· Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Exhibits desire to learn and upgrade nursing skills. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Pediatric CICU RN job opportunity with Florida Hospital Orlando and apply online today.