SUMMARY: Cares for patients in the hospital, or other medical facility, under direction of nursing, by performing the following duties.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide exceptional service and/or care to all patients, customers and team members.
- Answers call lights, to determine patients' needs.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
- Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
- Turns and repositions patients, alone or with assistance.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, directs visitors, and answers telephone.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration rates, and food and fluid intake and output, as directed.
- Maintains a neat and clean patient environment.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
License(s), Certification(s), Registration(s), Accreditation(s)
- Missouri CNA certification