Position Summary:Conducts concurrent and/or retrospective review of inpatient medical records to evaluate the utilization and documentation of acute care services. Facilitates appropriate physician documentation of care to accurately reflect patient severity of illness for proper coding and DRG assignment through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers and HIM coding staff. Reviews clinical issues with coding staff using software and collaborates with coding staff to determine appropriate DRG and required documentation.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have current New Jersey RN licensed
- Demonstrated knowledge of ICD-9-CM, MSDRGs, documentation compliance standards and coding principles/guidelines preferred.
- Previous Navigant CDI experience strongly preferred.
- Must show ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team, including physicians, HIM Coders and other members of the allied health care team.
- Must posses strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Computer skills required.