Since its inception in 1910 as a 24-bed hospital, Swedish Medical Center has grown into a 1,245-bed medical center comprised of three hospital campuses in Seattle - First Hill, Cherry Hill and Ballard -plus an emergency room, a specialty center and a soon to open hospital in Issaquah. In addition to providing general medical and surgical care, Swedish is a regional referral center for treatment in the areas of oncology, cardiac care, high-risk obstetrics, neurosciences, orthopedic surgery and organ transplant. Swedish also has an impressive array of specialty programs that includes sleep medicine, addiction recovery, pediatric services, pain management and home-care services. Swedish boasts more than 8,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 2,000 private-practice physicians, representing virtually every medical, surgical and diagnostic specialty and subspecialty. Founded as a not-for-profit institution, Swedish continually reinvests in facilities and new equipment to provide our patients with the highest quality of care in state-of-the-art facilities.
Job # 23903
Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Staff Registered Nurse for our Labor and Delivery Unit in the Women & Children's Service Line at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA. Swedish Medical Center has an opportunity available for an experienced Staff Registered Nurse. This opportunity is targeted to the individual nurse skilled in providing excellent care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process. In this position you will
* Function under the foundation of the Women's & Children's best practice definition.
* Approach your daily duties with creativity, passion, skill, respect and a positive approach.
* Practice the values of collaboration, cooperation, coordination, integration, empowerment, and establishing patient expectations.
* Provide supervision and coordination of personnel who participate in the provision of care to ensure that patients' needs and outcomes are met.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Required qualifications for this position include:
* Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
* Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, or must attain a BSN within 5 years of hire
* Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
* Currently Certified in the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Relevant professional clinical experience
About the First Hill Campus: The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://swedish.contacthr.com/27532438