Winthrop Hospital is a world-class 591-bed university-affiliated medical center and a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research. We continue to offer an incredibly positive workplace that truly nurtures, develops & engages our staff creating a unique harmony among all disciplines.
We currently seek a Clinical Nurse Coordinator to provide, delegate, and coordinate patient care and is guided by the policies and procedures of Winthrop University Hospital and the Gastroenterology PC. In this role, you will collaborate with the attending physicians and practice manager in delivering and updating the training needs of the MAs and oversees their performance, while maintaining operational aspects of the GI department, sterile processing and disinfection, and GI scheduling. You will Interact with patients, physicians, fellow employees, and other customers encouraging quality patient care, harmonious working relationships, and positive customer relations. In addition, you will coordinate the Hepatology Patient Services which includes scheduling, submission of records, education, follow up and any other additional patient related requests made by Hepatologist to assure continuum of care. In You will also coordinate and perform motility studies and maintains equipment and performs quality control as needed as well as support and adhere to WUH Code of Conduct, related Ethics, Compliance policies and HIPAA requirements. The candidate perform any additional responsibilities per physicians and/or practice manager request.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current New York State Licensed Registered Nurse and BLS certification.
- Minimum of four to six years clinical RN experience and two years of Gastroenterology strongly preferred. Infusion and insurance authorization experience. Previous supervisory experience is highly desired.
- Infusion, education and PC skills necessary. Experience with motility studies is preferred. Able to alternate plans effectively and manage emergencies in a fast paced and changing environment, handling multiple priorities at one time. Strong communication skills to handle staff issues in composed and positive manner. Critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable working with a variety of medical software programs. Prior experience with any electronic medical records and patient scheduling systems i.e. workflow, EMR, Endoworks, Siemens Net Access, etc). Outlook, MS Office (Word, and Excel).
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods at a time. Some light lifting or pushing equipment may be required. Walk to other areas of the hospital, especially the Endoscopy Unit daily and/or as often as needed.