Position Type : Full Time - Permanent
Relocation Approved : Yes
Recruiter : Haywood, Danielle
Job Description :
Our 99-bed American River Care and Rehabilitation Center in Carmichael, CA is looking for an experienced nurse leader for an exciting Director of Nursing / DON opportunity! This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified candidate looking in the Sacramento market. If you have strong clinical skills and a desire to lead others to clinical excellence, we'd love to hear from you!
Genesis HealthCare is a progressive, national healthcare leader that supports center leadership through knowledge and encouragement from its regional and divisional team members. We have a sincere respect and commitment to those we serve. In addition, we invest in advanced equipment, new technologies and renovating our centers. We are pleased to announce the pending merger of our team with that of Genesis HealthCare. Genesis HealthCare is ranked among top providers for overall satisfaction and quality health care. Their consistent growth and success is constant thanks to their fostering clinical expertise, partnerships, mentoring, and continuing education for their employees. Combined, our national stability provides career growth and advancement opportunities.
As director of nursing services, you’ll be responsible for the leadership and management of the nursing department and partner with our administrator to help drive the overall success of the center. Your responsibilities will include maintaining standards of care, financial management and maximizing revenue as well as attracting, developing and retaining top talent and supervising and training team members. You will also oversee the delivery of quality care and services to our residents and develop and maintain positive employee and community relationships. Director of Nursing, Nurse Manager, (Long Term Senior Care)
* Current Registered Nurse, RN, license in good standing, BSN degree preferred
* 3 years experience as Assistant Director of Nursing OR 1 year experience as Director of Nursing experience preferred
* Experience in long-term care or geriatrics preferred
* Desire to enrich patient and resident lives
* Excellent communication, leadership and mentoring skills
* Computer proficiency. Point Click Care and Smart Linx experience a plus
* Good communication skills and the ability to interact in a tactful and respectful manner with residents, family members and visitors
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment as well as the ability to prioritize duties
* Ability to follow all applicable policies and procedures, current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern long-term care