We know that where you work matters, and also that you have choices. As Swedish grows, we are able to offer more opportunities than ever to professionals at all stages of their careers. We are honored by your interest in employment with the Swedish 'family'.
Since its inception in 1910 as a 24-bed hospital, Swedish Medical Center has grown into a 1,500-bed medical center comprised of five hospital campuses in Seattle - First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard,Issaquah and Edmonds.
Swedish has grown to become the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers
Read more: http://www.swedish.org/About/Overview#ixzz24OVbBpj7
In addition to providing general medical and surgical care, Swedish is a regional referral center for treatment in the areas of oncology, cardiac care, high-risk obstetrics, neurosciences, orthopedic surgery and organ transplant. Swedish also has an impressive array of specialty programs that includes sleep medicine, addiction recovery, pediatric services and pain management.
Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for full time Staff Registered Nurses in our ICU at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA. We are looking for experienced Critical Care RNs who will uphold the Swedish standards in patient care. With passion, skill, creativity, respect, and a positive approach, the Registered Nurse assumes accountability to peers, and functions as a strong team player in caring for patients.In this position you will:
- Provide nursing care adapted to the individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and coworkers, being an advocate for the patient at all times.
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing, or must attain a BSN within 5 years of hire.* Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Recent experience as an RN in Critical Care Nursing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience educating and orienting patients and families
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff.
Swedish Medical Center has a non-discrimination policy and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with 1199NW/SEIU. An employee in this position is required to become a union member in good standing and successfully complete a probationary period.
Our selection process is competitive and you will be contacted if your qualifications and our requirements are a match.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://swedish.contacthr.com/27226778