Regal Medical Group is an affiliated Independent Physician Association (IPA) of Heritage Provider Network. At the forefront in the search for excellence in healthcare, we have developed a robust health care system that sets us apart from the other IPA’s.
By combining the benefits of a well-managed and centralized administration function we are able to offer personal attention to our community-based physicians. Regal Medical Group and our physician network are committed to delivering high-quality medical care and improving patient service.
We offer employer paid Medical, Dental (HMO) and Life Insurance, along with a generous PTO package and much more.
The Vital Care Supervisor is responsible for evaluating the nursing documentation in regards to assessment, treatment planning, intervention, monitoring, evaluation and documentation on identified High Risk patients. The VC Supervisor will monitor the assessment and development of nursing care plans in collaboration with the admitting, attending, and consulting physician and other health care practitioners. The VCS will assist the leadership with mentoring, training and oversight of the performance of staff duties as requested.
The goal of the Vital Care Supervisor is to ensure that nurse case managers effectively manage patients on an outpatient basis to assure the appropriate level-of-care is provided, to prevent inpatient re-admissions and ensure that the patients’ medical, environmental and psychosocial needs are met over the continuum of care.
The position is responsible for auditing and providing oversight and training as identified for onsite and offsite offices to ensure compliance with Utilization Management policies and procedures and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Additionally, at the direction of the Vital Care Director the position at times may be responsible for leading and coordinating projects initiated in Medical Management and/or acting as a representative of Medical Management for interdepartmental projects related to role.
1. Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing Program
2. Current CA RN, Current CPR certification, valid CA Driver’s license
4. 3 years acute care experience
5. 2-3 years of utilization or HMO experience preferred
6. Typing 40 words per minutes with accuracy
7. Knowledgeable in MS Office Programs and ability to function in highly computerized environment
8. Experience supervising staff and monitoring productivity/performance preferred
9. Must have excellent communications skills both verbally and written
10. Ability to deal with responsibility with confidential matters
11. Must be self-motivated, pleasantly aggressive and realistically ambitious and have high personal ethics
12. Must have the ability to work with all levels of management and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with health plan auditors and company department heads