The mission of our Practice Registered Nurse is to provide our patients with a positive experience by delivering nursing care in a professional and courteous manner. In this role, you will be expected to carry out Physician's orders including, but not limited to, assisting with procedures, administering injections, and performing phlebotomy. You will take patient calls, clean and stock exam rooms, call in prescriptions, coordinate supply levels, pre-certify patient's medical services and assist with other day-to-day operations of the office. You must be able to maintain positive communication with patients and team members to ensure a pleasant environment.
- Performs patient vital signs, ECG and other required tests, record patient history, obtain accurate medication list and any information the physician may request to enable him/her to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
- Explains normal and abnormal test/lab results to patients and their significant others.
- Educates patient regarding medications, invasive and non-invasive procedures.
- Serves as a resource to clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Communicates with patients, visiting nurses and other physician offices.
- Schedules and processes paperwork for patient tests, cardiac catheterizations and other invasive procedures, labs, device procedures or office appointments. Calls in prescriptions. Arranges hospital admissions.
- Priorities medical/emergency phone calls; handles according to office protocol.
- Ensure exam rooms are clean, stocked appropriately and ready for next patient; ensure equipment is clean/sterile and in working order.
- May schedule other clinical staff.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, preferred. Must be enrolled in an accredited program within 24 months of employment, if hired after January 1, 2010 and obtain a BSN Degree within five (5) years of employment date.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State Required
- Previous Breast Imaging experience preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of Med-Surg or related experience required.
- BCLS, required. ACLS, preferred.
- Prior physician practice experience, preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.