The NSQIP Coordinator is responsible for compiling, collecting, synthesizing, and submitting reliable clinical data to the American College of Surgeons (ACS) National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP). This is accomplished through high-quality clinical screening, data compilation, documentation and entry into the ACS NSQIP database of all eligible/selected surgical procedures for the medical center. This position also works closely with the faculty members of selected surgical departments (both full time and voluntary) to identify opportunities for clinical quality improvement and other special projects as may be identified.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the identification of surgical patients for inclusion in the program registry through the application of strict inclusion/exclusion criteria and the program's randomization protocol.
2. Responsible for the reliable collection of pre-operative, operative, and post-operative data components for the program through the effective utilization of the hospital medical record system.
3. Responsible for meeting the accrual requirement of cases per year through the correct application of the program's randomization protocol.
4. Attends weekly Morbidity & Mortality conferences to ensure reliable data collection of postoperative occurrences.
5. Demonstrates applicability of the methodology and the reliability of definitions utilized by reviewers within the program through Inter-Rater Reliability (IRR) testing.
6. Responsible for identifying areas for streamlining and process improvement in the data collection process. Demonstrates appropriate utilization of resources necessary to obtain valid, reliable data for entry into the Program. * Website Interaction (www.acsnsqip.org)
7. Responsible for utilizing software applications available at the site for data collection and analysis.
8. Responsible for the accurate and timely entry of data into the program's website and assuring the transmission of completed data.
9. Responsible for reviewing weekly site accrual report on the website and responding to accrual report alerts.
10. Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives.
11. Attends national conferences pertaining to the program as requested.