As the Quality Management Coordinator you will contribute to maintaining the hospital's outstanding scores in patient satisfaction by promoting a collaborative practice among departments/services for improved clinical outcomes and processes of care. You will coordinate and facilitate Quality Management/Performance Improvement programs for the department, and collaborate appropriately to support ongoing Performance Improvement initiatives for the hospital.
- Coordinates Quality Management and Performance Improvement activities within the department.
- Interprets regulations to identify elements of patient care to be monitored and the monitoring criteria; and to establish systems and processes to ensure compliance with agency requirements.
- Collects and aggregates data of current patients for evaluation. Follows-up to ensure correction of identified problems.
- Develops a review-timeline including components of patient records to convey the pertinent quality-of-care issues.
- Evaluates care provided for patient outcome. Designs, implements and evaluates systems to improve care.
- Maintains documentation of patient's treatment, activity and condition.
- Educates and evaluates clinical and support department staff regarding quality management regulations and standards of care.
- Assists with education programs for patients and their families.
- Supports various outreach and support groups within the community.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible related work experience including regulatory agency standards and performance improvement initiatives, required.
- Minimum 3 years in Surgical Nursing required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.