Our Nurse Practitioners provide quality service by performing a variety of functions and technical procedures necessary for the admission of patients, utilizing the nursing processes of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, and outcome evaluation. You will collaborate with and perform the duties of a Registered Professional Nurse, as necessary.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates the clinical collaborative practice agreements in the specific clinical area.
- Conducts health assessments of patients/families with real or potential, acute, and/or chronic health problems. Initiates referrals to specialty services and fosters continuity of care.
- Initiates selected therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, consultation and laboratory examinations. Prescribes and revises medical regimes. Interprets findings and plans of care according to collaborative practice agreements and protocols in designated areas.
- Provides patient/family education and counseling in the areas of health promotion, maintenance, and disease prevention.
- Participates in team meetings and conferences to enhance an interdisciplinary approach to primary health car delivery, Serves on departmental and multidisciplinary committees, which influence or determine policies affecting nursing practice.
- Serves as liaison between patient and community, and acts as health care advocate.
- Identifies quality improvement issues and develops unit-based quality improvement programs, as well as standards of care and practice.
- Participates in approved medical and nursing research studies.
- Maintains a current level of knowledge relative to professional practice.
- Acts as resource to staff and implements educational programs.
- Participates in the evaluation of the cost effectiveness of services provided.
- Master's Degree in a Nurse Practitioner Program, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and a Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- National Board Certification in specialty area, required.
- Completion of a pharmacology component of not less than three (3) semester hours or the equivalent AND has been instructed in New York State and federal laws relating to prescription and record keeping (3-hour course).
- Has a collaborative practice agreement with a physician and designated protocols, both filed with the New York State Department of Education.
- Previous experience relevant to the area of clinical practice, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.