A Registered Nurse engaged to work on an as-needed basis for patient care delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides clinical nursing care to all assigned patients on an as-needed basis.
2. Maintains BCLS/ACLS/PALS certification and annual mandatory program requirements. For renewal, the nurse can participate in BCLS/ACLS/PALS classes offered by Nursing Education.
3. Possesses the required competence to perform in the area of assignment within the guidelines of the position description.
4. Completes the necessary orientation program as coordinated by Nursing Education prior to engagement. Complies with all institutional regulations as would a full-time employee.
5. Has an operative telephone, for control of assignments. Notifies the Care Center Office of any changes in schedule, address or telephone number.
6. Submits a letter of resignation at least two weeks in advance of the effective date.