The Director of Nursing is responsible for the administration of a Specialty Service which includes overall planning for nursing and operations for all clinical programs to ensure implementation of the mission, philosophy, patient care standards, quality assessment and improvement program, budget plan and resources to enhance the quality of patient care.
Also assumes responsibility for the overall strategic plan for care center operations, personnel management, annual goals and objectives, and fiscal targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Direct the Clinical performance of the applicable services and patient populations served.
2. Oversee quality improvement and performance improvement initiatives, with detail on nurse sensitive indicators and core measures success within the MSMC.
3. Direct fiscal management of human resources, supplies and capital expenses.
4. Direct bed management and patient access activities within the clinical specialty.
5. Benchmark patient and staff satisfaction and provide strategies that are outcome based for quality care.
6. Promote professional development of staff and provide constructive discipline measures when necessary.
7. Perform all aspects of the role within an interdisciplinary, team-building manner, optimizing customer services at every opportunity.
8. Demonstrate personal and professional development at an executive level.
9. Provide an accurate understanding and application of Labor Relations principles within the management of staff.