The Clinical Research Coordinator assists in the daily activities of clinical research studies, obtains informed consent; collects, maintains and organizes study information. Assists in preparing grant applications and documents (for e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into database
2. Obtains informed consent under minimal supervision of the investigator(s) and educates participants regarding study requirements.
3. Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires.
4. Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings.
5. Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
6. Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
7. Prepares for monitoring visits.
8. Performs other related duties.