The Clinical Nurse Coordinator is a registered nurse who will work directly with those people who responded to the 9/11 disaster in New York City. The nurse will work with professionals of a variety of disciplines who provide care for various physical, mental and financial problems arising from their exposure at Ground Zero.
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator works in conjunction with the Clinical Research Manager to facilitate the smooth flow of patients through the clinic. Ensures all Physicians are given the daily support they need to provide care for the patients and compliance with HIPPA regulations are met.
Clinical Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
1. Completes intake for new patients in the WTC Monitoring Program.
2. Assists physician in Smoking Cessation Clinic.
3. Provides patient education regarding medications and World Trade Center related conditions.
4. Handles walk-in patients with various WTC related issues.
5. Schedules and follows up on both physical and occupational medicine visits.
6. Makes sure exam rooms are stocked with the medical supplies needed.
7. Enters and retrieves information when indicated from various databases.
8. Patient Advocate.
9. Other duties that may arise as determined by clinic need.