Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care Hospital is a 50-bed facility that is designed to serve individuals who have medically complex illnesses requiring additional weeks of specialized hospital care. The 48,000-square foot, one-story Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care features all private rooms allowing for a more intimate healing environment for our patients and their families. Patients in our LTAC generally fall into 3 categories: ventilator, medically complex, or wound care. We hire specialized nurses in this facility to care for our unique patient population. If you are a nurse that enjoys building relationships with your patients and their families, we invite you to apply to become a part of our LTAC family today.
RNs on this 22-bed unit care for unstable trached and ventilated patients with airway issues. Nurse to patient ratio is 1:4-5.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the
promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such
medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
As a leader in meeting the health care needs of the community, Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care is committed to providing a workplace that respects the diversity and contribution that our employees bring to our organization. Our mission depends not only on our commitment to living our values but on our efforts to excel in both the delivery of quality health care and in providing compassionate care to the patients we serve.
Apply today to join our team of dedicated professionals.
EOE. Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace. Accredited by the Joint Commission.
The skill to heal. The spirit to care.
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred
2. Current license of Registered Nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement
3. Valid BCLS or completion within 90 days of hire.
4. ACLS, NRP, PALS as defined in unit specific competencies
5. Minimum 6 months RN experience in Critical Care preferred.