RN, Operating Room Charge Preceptor - Outpatient
- Full Time
Decatur Urology is a single specialty outpatient surgical center performing only urology cases. The surgery center features 3 Preop rooms, 2 Operating Rooms, 3 PACU bays, and 1 overflow room The Charge Preceptor RN will be responsible for coordinating daily activities and distribution of work in area during scheduled shift; as a Preceptor Nurse, acts as a professional educator and resource for new employees, demonstrating clinical expertise and competence. The approximate amount of overall participation in direct patient care activities is 80% and Charge Preceptor duties is 20%. The range of roles between Charge and Preceptor may vary dependent upon patient acuity and volume issues. Works with a unit specific patient population. Care and/or services will be provided to pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills applicable to designated area within probationary period.
- Demonstrated ability to assume Charge Nurse responsibilities and clinical expertise in area.
- Successful completion of a management course prior to appointment, or within six (6) months of employment.
- Certified in cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Two (2) years recent experience in specialty.
- Completion of the Charge Preceptor course at Northside Radiology Services:
- Two (2) years experience involving the treatment of critical care or surgical patients or experience in radiology nursing.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), PALS Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cardiac arrhythmia interpretation.
- Certification in area of specialty.
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 7:30a-4p
Weekend Requirements: No
On-Call Requirements: No