IN-PATIENT REHAB LIAISON
- Full Time
The In-Patient Rehab Liaison is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with current referral sources and identifying and developing new relationships with potential referral sources. The Liaison uses their clinical and sales expertise, while partnering with marketing, to promote Methodist Hospitals’ In-Patient Rehab (IPR) programs at both campuses. The Liaison will identify and assess future patients/residents for admission to IPR, taking into account the level of acuity aligning with Regional/National CMS outcomes expected from Methodist Hospitals’ clinical experts on the In-Patient Rehabilitation units.Responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
- Develop census as defined by budgetary goals in line with the annual business plan.
- Build referral relationships within geographic region/territory, with an emphasis on face-to-face contact with referral sources and potential external patient admissions into IPR.
- Assist with coordination of referral-to-admission process.
- Proficient in using market analysis to identify new opportunities for IPR admissions.
- Educate patients and their family members and/or significant others, referral sources, IDT members, external payers and external case managers/nurse navigators about Methodist Hospitals’ IPR program benefits and services.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of rehabilitation settings, post-acute care services, acuity trends and outcomes.
- Develops rapport with patients and their family members or significant others.
- Recognizes barriers to admission, being able to respond and overcome appropriately and follows up on admission variables.
- Utilizes market analysis data in geographic region/territory identifying new business and potential opportunities.
- Assists with external referral pre-authorizations.
- Follows-up on external patient referral variables (i.e. medical, equipment, or procedure needs).
- Working knowledge of EPIC electronic medical record system.
- Exhibits professional and ethical behavior as a Methodist Hospitals representative.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Licensed RN, PT, OT or SLP/CCC
- If candidate is an RN, CRRN a plus.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Two or more years of experience as a clinician within a healthcare environment preferred.
- One or more years of experience as a Liaison or successful sales experience within a healthcare setting preferred.
- Current Indiana professional licensure essential.
- Current CPR Certification.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.