RN Radiology Nurse Team Lead
- Full Time
The Radiology Nurse Team Lead at Children's National Hospital supports the Radiology Nurse Manager in the planning and coordination of care for the radiology, imaging, and sedation patient population.
The Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Radiology has a team of expert physicians, board-certified pediatric radiologists, technologists, anesthesiologists and nurses who are specialty-trained to provide pediatric radiology services for infants, children and adolescents. Our patient and family-centered facility has the most advanced radiology equipment in an environment designed for children, and our pediatric radiologists use the lowest radiation dose possible to obtain excellent image quality.
Imaging and radiology services include:
· CT scan (computerized tomography)
· Cardiac imaging
· DEXA-scan (bone scan)
· Diagnostic X-rays
· Fetal MRI and ultrasound
· Nuclear medicine
· Orthopaedic imaging
· PET scan (positron emission tomography)
· SPECT/CT scanner
· SPECT dual-head gamma scanner
· Rheumatology imaging
Bachelor's Degree Required
Master's Degree Preferred
Specific Requirements and Preferences
5 Years Nursing experience (Required)
1 year Pediatric experience in a comparable setting (Required)
1 year Demonstrated nursing leadership experience (Required)
Familiar with software such as Window’s environment (Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Fluent in medical management criteria such as MCG and/or InterQual.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Registered Nurse in District of Columbia
1. Facilitate the CMI practice group of Shared Nursing Leadership and support other initiatives.
2. Contribute to the sustainability and advancement of Magnet designation.
3. Ensure that utilization review for patient status (IP and Observation) is based on evidence of best practice.
4. Accountable for supporting/participating in the CRM and/or Division of Nursing’s Performance Improvement processes.
5. Participate in community activities.
1. Accountable for staffing and assigning coverage for all roles within CRM; engages with CMI Team Lead, Manager & Director to problem solve.
2. Responsible for 24/7 assessment and supervision of work flow for CMI’s and support positions.
3. Supervise utilization review activities, interface with internal and external stakeholders to achieve appropriate level of care and optimize
4. reimbursement; ensure compliance with CMS regulations.
5. Interact with payors and CRM leadership to improve the authorization process.
6. Engage in performance improvement activities to standardize and elevate practice.
1. Demonstrate advanced communication skills in dealing with staff and all members of the healthcare team.
2. Provide constructive, sensitive and timely feedback to staff concerning their performance in verbal and written form.
3. Effectively manage conflict and assist others to understand their behavior and their effect on the work environment.
4. Communicate and escalate issues as appropriate to the Manager and Director.
1. Facilitate learning opportunities for staff.
2. Participate in the education and training of Case Managers and other staff.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Management and Leadership Skills
1. Monitors Kronos reconciliation and ensures schedule and timecard accuracy
2. Responsible for all aspects of performance appraisal for designated staff
3. Participates in the hiring of staff by completing WFM paperwork, conducting interviews and making recommendations for hire
4. Assumes coverage of unit in absence of Manager & Director and makes decisions within authorized scope
5. Demonstrates initiatives and leadership through involvement in department based projects and committees
6. Establishes collaborative relationships and network across the organization to ensure effective outcomes
7. Represents CRM on organizational committees and initiatives
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things