Travel Nurse RN - PICU - Pediatric Intensive Care - $2,157 per week
Travel Nurse Across America is seeking a travel nurse RN PICU - Pediatric Intensive Care for a travel nursing job in Idaho Falls, Idaho.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: PICU - Pediatric Intensive Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36.00 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Travel
We're looking for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Idaho Falls, ID. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a PICU RN, you'll provide critical care to pediatric patients as part of a broader medical team. You will collaborate with physicians, specialists and the patients' families to ensure the best coordinated care for these special patients. PICU Travel Nurses provide care to children and adolescents with a wide range of conditions, ranging from common childhood diseases to life-threatening illnesses.
As a PICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Monitor patients' vital signs and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Follow continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and report any observed changes.
- Change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs (both central venous and arterial).
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators.
- Assist physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations.
- Assist with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, Foleys, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes.
BLS, ACLS and PALS required 2 years PICU exp Current ID or comapct license at time of submission
TNAA Job ID #418536. Pay package is based on 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation). BLS, ACLS and PALS required 2 years PICU exp Current ID or comapct license at time of submissionAbout Travel Nurse Across America
At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying assignments in exciting locations across the country, but it's our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated, supportive staff understands how stressful preparing for a travel assignment can be, and that's why we put our experience to work for you to remove the headaches and send you smoothly on your way.
Across our recruiting, clinical, quality assurance, payroll and housing teams, we promise to go out of our way to offer you an exceptional customer service experience. You may be a temporary employee of the facilities you serve, but when you travel with us, you become a permanent part of the TNAA family!
Some of the benefits you receive with TNAA:
- Low Census ProtectionTM - We pay for the number of hours you've agreed to work in your contract, regardless of changing needs of the hospital due to low census.
- Paid Sick Leave - Sick leave begins accruing from your first day, and you're eligible to use it after 90 days of employment.
- Travel Reimbursement - We offer up to $1,000 in travel expense reimbursement.
- Your Way is Paid - TNAA pays for all costs associated with getting the licenses and certifications needed for your assignment.
- Housing - Get the most out of your housing subsidy with our Easy Stay program or utilize our company provided housing.
- Insurance - We offer liability, vision, dental and health from Cigna, available from day one.
- Multiple Bonus Opportunities – We offer extension, rebook and completion bonuses. We also offer TNAA Boost Pay and referral bonuses.
- More of what we offer can be viewed on our website at, www.nurse.tv/benefits/.