Travel Nurse RN - Post Partum - $1,961 per week
Travel Nurse Across America is seeking a travel nurse RN Post Partum for a travel nursing job in Plano, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: Post Partum
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36.00 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours
- Employment Type: Travel
We're looking for Post-Partum/Mother-Baby RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Plano, TX. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a Post-Partum/Mother-Baby Travel Nurse, you will perform a dual role of caring for infants and educating mothers about infant care. RNs should have experience assisting new mothers with physical and emotional needs during the post-partum period while in the hospital setting.
As a Post-Partum/Mother-Baby Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Maintain a comfortable, safe and clean environment for both mother and infant.
- Provide basic newborn care, as well as assess for critical signs and symptoms of mother and newborn.
- Assist mother with any hygienic needs; check for post-partum bleeding.
- Inspect C-section incision, when applicable.
- Monitor emotional status of mother and provide appropriate support.
- Provide mother with education on care of infant, including feeding, bathing and diaper changing.
Post-Partum/Mother-Baby Travel Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. Post-Partum/Mother-Baby RNs may face hazards from exposure to chemicals and infectious diseases.
Certs required: BLS,NRP, Experience required: 2 Years Current TX or compact license
TNAA Job ID #437280. Pay package is based on 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation). Certs required: BLS,NRP, Experience required: 2 Years Current TX or compact licenseAbout Travel Nurse Across America
At Travel Nurse Across America, we take pride in doing things differently. We place our nurses on high-paying assignments in exciting locations across the country, but it's our service before, during and after your assignment that sets us apart. Our dedicated, supportive staff understands how stressful preparing for a travel assignment can be, and that's why we put our experience to work for you to remove the headaches and send you smoothly on your way.
Across our recruiting, clinical, quality assurance, payroll and housing teams, we promise to go out of our way to offer you an exceptional customer service experience. You may be a temporary employee of the facilities you serve, but when you travel with us, you become a permanent part of the TNAA family!
Some of the benefits you receive with TNAA:
- Low Census ProtectionTM - We pay for the number of hours you've agreed to work in your contract, regardless of changing needs of the hospital due to low census.
- Paid Sick Leave - Sick leave begins accruing from your first day, and you're eligible to use it after 90 days of employment.
- Travel Reimbursement - We offer up to $1,000 in travel expense reimbursement.
- Your Way is Paid - TNAA pays for all costs associated with getting the licenses and certifications needed for your assignment.
- Housing - Get the most out of your housing subsidy with our Easy Stay program or utilize our company provided housing.
- Insurance - We offer liability, vision, dental and health from Cigna, available from day one.
- Multiple Bonus Opportunities – We offer extension, rebook and completion bonuses. We also offer TNAA Boost Pay and referral bonuses.
- More of what we offer can be viewed on our website at, www.nurse.tv/benefits/.